From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@...>
Subject: [LAA] Qtractor 0.6.4 - The Baryon Throne beta release!
Date: Nov 24, 7:48 pm 2014
Wait, there's no big deal (nor chromium's) cosmic (mis)alignment
being announced here now. Rest calm. Sorry to delude some of you :)
But, there's one (notable) leap on this tiny side and part of the
universe... (or is it a multiverse? move along...) What I really want to
tell is all about this happening and none else's freaking business:
Qtractor 0.6.4 (baryon throne beta) is released!
* Punch-in/out over loop-recording/take modes (NEW)
* Latch/momentary MIDI Controllers toggle mode (NEW)
* JACK client/port pretty-name (metadata) support (NEW)
* Custom style and color themes (NEW)
* Mixer strip multi-row layout (NEW)
* Muted audio tracks monitoring on playback (FIX)
* Clip fade-in/out resize on time-stretch (FIX)
As for the clueless (as if there's any):
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written
in C++ with the Qt4 framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack
Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a
fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated
to the personal home-studio.
Well, although this being yet another milestone--if one may call it
that way--it also makes it official (yes, deeply engraved in stone) and
definitive as a migration to Git can be, as for source-code control and
management (it's a dirty job I know, but someone has to do it, right?).
Nevermind. It's done.
Meanwhile, please, don't ever hesitate to ask whether any of the
above does affect you some way or another. Or maybe anything else, yay?
Indeed, the puzzled you feel, the better :)
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 13.2):
- binary packages (openSUSE 13.2):
- quick start guide & user manual (see also: the wiki):
- wiki (help wanted!):
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Fixed some old loop-recording clip drawing glitches.
- Current assigned track/channel instrument definition names for MIDI
controllers, note keys, RPN and NRPN, are now in effect on the MIDI clip
editor drop-down lists, whether available.
- Clip/Take/Range... input dialog values are now properly sanitized as
long to prevent invalid take/folding ranges.
- Audio capture/export file type default now set to "wav".
- Extending punch-in/out over loop-recording/takes modes.
- Make audio tracks monitoring always flow while playback is rolling,
independently of their mute/solo state.
- Fixed undo/redo conversion of audio clip offsets under (automatic)
time-stretching eg. due on tempo changes. (ticket by Holger Marzen, thanks).
- Latch/momentary MIDI Controllers toggle mode introduced (a request by
AutoStatic aka. Jeremy Jongepier, thanks).
- JACK client/port p [message continues