From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@...>
Subject: [LAA] Qtractor 0.5.11 - The Lima Oscar release!
Date: Oct 8, 2:38 am 2013
As falling leaves drift by the window, and without any further ado:
Qtractor 0.5.11 (lima oscar) is now released!
Soon we'll hear a new winter's song. This code-naming series, which
started on a sunny summer day two years ago as TYOQA, is now converging
to an end. It will be no surprise for some that today's release precedes
the very last one on that series. So let's get those autumn leaves
falling and grab them while they're crispy red and gold ;)
* Extended automation curve editing (NEW)
* Extended clip selection (NEW)
* LV2 UI resize feature support (NEW)
* Aux-sends to audio buses (FIX)
* MIDI editor overlapped event velocity/value (FIX)
* Accidental export muting and/or freezing (FIX)
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 12.3):
- binary packages (openSUSE 12.3):
- quick start guide & user manual (outdated):
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Adding a track now inserts it after the current one, if any; one can
also drag and move a track below the last one in the track list (main
view left pane).
- Extended Edit/Select Mode/Automation: multi-selection mode, cut, copy,
paste and delete of current track's automation curve nodes, now reached
implementation ready status.
- Another old silent bug bites the dust: changing track names were
dropping any track gain/volume and panning automation curves when saving
- A primeval processing bug has been sorted out: aux-sends to audio
output buses that just appear to be after the input bus where they're
inserted were being left muted and silent (on a ticket follow-up by
Holger Marzen, thanks).
- Fixed a sure crash bug exposed when processing of aux-send plugins
when inserted too early on audio input buses chain (after a ticket
report by Holger Marzen, thanks).
- Allow the build system to include an user specified CFLAGS (patch by
Cristian Morales Vega, thanks).
- Shift/Ctrl keyboard modifiers now set to extend current clip selection
while in main track view's Edit/Select Mode/Range, Rectangle modes.
- Main Edit/Select Mode/Automation icon retouched to look a bit more
obvious and intuitive, hopefully ;)
- Allow to change the velocities/values of the current selected events
which have the exact same onset times and hide beyhond each other on the
MIDI clip editor's pane below the main view piano-roll (ie. the one that
represents MIDI event values as a bar chart).
- Fixed some problematic playback/export muting and annoying cleanup
freezing, due on audio tracks with too many clips eg. more than hundred
clip splits (hopefully fixes an issue reported by Louigi Verona, thanks).
- LV2 UI resize feature support/control added.
- Fixed dedicated MIDI control and MIDI metronome port connection
restore conflict (thanks to jhammen catch & patch:).
- New user p [message continues