From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@...>
Subject: [LAA] Qtractor 0.6.2 - The Boson Walk Beta is out!
Date: Jul 7, 7:28 pm 2014
So it's summer, they say.
White bright and light pastel colors sparkling on every corner and turn.
Cheesy and silly season, they say. Alas, southerners don't apply. Sorry
about that. Of course I mean the hemisphere, obviously.
For whom it might concern, all anxiety has come to an end.
It all relates back to this last May 3, when a not-so-formal meeting
(aka. workshop) took place while during LAC2014@ZKM-Karlsruhe, where
some pertinent and undeniable requests were dodged and framed to a
"soonish" implementation. And guess what?
Yup, the "soonish" are no more, or so I think.
Qtractor 0.6.2 (boson walk beta) is out!
Perhaps an additional word is due though, about the riddling code-names
that are branding the post-TYOQA beta releases. They have no personal
nor logical sense, I assure you. Perfectly arbitrary now. Everything in
life and the universe is way more unconventional than just a name.
Without further assay.
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in
C++ with the Qt4 framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack
Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a
fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated
to the personal home-studio.
* Plugins activation MIDI controller / automation (NEW)
* LV2 UI Idle and Show (>= Qt5) interface support (NEW)
* Discrete editing of automation curve node velues (NEW)
* Missing audio/MIDI files and plugins warning message (NEW)
* MIDI note drawing on tempo-map changes (FIX)
* Automation curves re-adjusted to tempo-map changes (FIX)
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 13.1):
- binary packages (openSUSE 13.1):
- quick start guide & user manual (severely outdated, see wiki):
- wiki (help wanted!):
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Prevent linear and spline automation curve modes for all integer
valued subjects. Also, make sure those values are rounded to the nearest
integer away from zero.
- Fixed save of LV2 Presets for plugins with state files.
- A man page has beed added (making up Gürkan Sengün's work on debian,
- When moving plugins by eg. drag-and-dropping across tracks, automation
curves were being left behind, maybe leading to unpredictable mistaken
behavior. Hopefully, not anymore.
- Translations install directory change.
- Automation curves are now automatically re-adjusted to tempo map node
changes (after a ticket by Holger Marzen, thanks).
- Audio/MIDI files or plugins found missing on session load are now
subject for an explicit modal warning message and prompt for an
immediate session backup salvage.
- Changing instrument plugin p [message continues