On the eighth anniversary of hexter's first public release, I am
pleased to announce the new 1.0.0 version.
hexter is a software synthesizer that models the sound generation of
a Yamaha DX7 synthesizer. It can easily load most DX7 patch bank
files, edit those patches via a built-in editor or MIDI sys-ex
messages, and recreate the sound of the DX7 with greater accuracy
than any previous open-source emulation (that the author is aware
of...) hexter operates as a plugin for the DSSI Soft Synth
Release 1.0.0 adds significant capability to hexter over the 0.6.2
* An integrated patch editor (finally!)
* The option to use floating-point math in the synthesis code
instead of fixed-point.
* Performance optimizations.
* Better patch bank loading, thanks to Martin Tarenskeen.
* MIDI non-registered parameter (NRPN) support, thanks to Jamie
hexter is written and copyright (c) 2012 by Sean Bolton, and
licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later.
More information about hexter and DSSI can be found at:
Linux-audio-dev mailing list