Re: [LAU] Laborejo Release 0.1 Announcement

From: Nils <list@...>
To: David Baron <d_baron@...>
Cc: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2012 - 11:06 am

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:21:53 +0200
David Baron wrote:

> On Thursday 08 March 2012 01:20:30 Nils wrote:

> Compare to frescobaldi, also python, uses lilypond format files directly and

I am sorry, I did not understand this part. Did you want to compare it or was that a request for me, that I shall compare it?

This is not a problem at all, let alone the "main" problem. If it was I had included it in my problem list.

Look at the version number, it is 0.1. Giving the process of single-dev open source audio software, when do you think it will reach 1.0?
Maybe by a time where Python3 and the other dependencies are common. Notice you also need Lilypond 2.15, which is a git version.

I plan to use Laborejo for decades in my professional career, thats why I even started it. I want it to be the top program not now but in years. Suddenly Python3 looks like good timing.

Nils